- This weekend, Fury Race Cars welcomes new partner DMB Financial, one of the most trusted and practiced debt relief companies in the country.
- Saturday's race at Watkins Glen International marks the first NASCAR Xfinity Series road course of 2018 and Kaz Grala’s first road course as a competitor in the series.
- The 19-year-old has visited Victory Lane at Watkins Glen on numerous occasions. He won an SCCA race at the track in 2014 and American Endurance Racing events in both 2014 and 2017.
- Grala has three previous starts at The Glen in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, earning a best finish of fourth in both 2014 and 2016.
- Last year, Grala came close to winning the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series’ only road course race at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. He was leading the event coming to the white flag, but was shuffled back to third when another competitor made contact with him.
- Grala is no stranger to the world of road-course racing. In addition to previous NASCAR road courses and competing in various forms of sports car racing in his career, his father, Darius Grala, raced sports cars for many years, including four seasons in what is now the IMSA Weathertech SportsCar Championship series. He retired when Kaz was in first grade.
“Finally, a road course! I've been turning right and left since I was four years old, and have probably done more road races than I have oval races in my lifetime. I'm super excited to have DMB Financial on board this weekend, supporting me at one of my favorite tracks out there. They’re a new partner and new to the sport, so I hope that we give them a warm welcome, both on the track and with the support of our fans. I've won sports car races at Watkins Glen before and I've had success there in the K&N Series. This is a weekend I've been waiting for all year, especially because the field is stacked with Cup drivers. I see it as an opportunity to learn from them and get comfortable in the car before the Xfinity standalones later this month.”